OCEAN ECONOMY AND INNOVATION
WORKSHOP: LINKING ECONOMIC POTENTIAL AND MARINE ECOSYSTEM HEALTH FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH MARINE SPATIAL PLANNING
Evento organizzato da OECD, UNESCO-IOC, BLUEMED, Stazione Zoologica
14h (CET) Welcome by the host institution
Roberto Danovaro, President, Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn
Roberto Cimino, President, National Blue Growth Italian Cluster
14h10-14h40 What is MSP, why promoting it… and what is this webinar bringing to the community today?
- Brief introduction to the workshop by the moderators: Marco Borra, Stazione Zoologica
Anton Dohrn and Claire Jolly, OECD
- Brief introduction to the Westmed initiative supporting MSP: Cons. Daniele Bosio, MAECI,
responsible for Maritime Affairs
- Presenter: Alejandro Iglesias Campos, UNESCO-IOC, MSP Global Initiative
14h40-15h10 Marine Spatial Planning in the age of COVID-19: General challenges, barriers and solutions for sustainable ocean management
- Ingela Isaksson, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management
- Simonetta Fraschetti, University of Naples “Federico II” Representative of the Italian Blue Economy Cluster
15h10-15h30 Sustainable blue economy as an opportunity for developing MSP: Mutual learning from practitioners
- Sanae Elamrani, Director of Ports and Public Maritime Domain, Ministry of Transport, Logistics and Waters, Morocco
15h30-16h The next five years: How to enhance knowledge-based MSP?
- Andrea Barbanti, BLUEMED, Institute of Marine Sciences (ISMAR) of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), Italy
- Helena Calado, University of Azores, Portugal
16h00-16h15 Discussions, questions from the audience and conclusions
Instructions for participation
The workshop is freely open to all interested parties
The workshop will be held in remote live streaming mode, a link will be made available on the NSW web-page to connect through the Zoom live streaming platform. There will be an interactive session with the speakers at the end of the presentations.